Family run company with production of wine and Balsamic Vinegar
Azienda Agricola Monte Remellino is located in the territory of Castelvetro, among the hills of Modena. The company has been a family run business for three generations and it is now mostly devoted to the production of two wines: Lambrusco Grasparossa "Rosso del Babbo" and Pignoletto "Bianco della Bice".
In Monte Remellino, the viticulture is not all. Indeed, the farm also produces Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena and balsamic condiments. The quality of the product is guaranteed by the constant and careful care that Monte Remellino ensures in every phase of the production and work. Moreover, the farm is happy to open its door to visitors, actually it is possible to have guided visits and tastings.
The visits are available with reservation, for groups from 2 to 20 persons max. The visits take place twice a day, at 10 AM and at 3 PM, also available in English and French, and includes:
- cellar visit, where the production processes for red and white wines are shown;
- acetaia (the vinegar production rooms) visit where the entire production chain of the Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena is shown through the visit of the boiling room, the must store room, the cask room and the ageing room. In addition, the explanation of the methodology for a proper tasting of balsamic;
- itinerary in the vineyard with explanations on conduction and pruning.
The tasting of the products is set up in a cosy and familiar setting and includes:
- a welcome glass of Pignoletto;
- three different types of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena with three different ageing;
- balsamic tastings only on request;
- a glass of Lambrusco wine with typical salami and cheeses;
- traditional local sweets.
- Multilingual staff
- guided tours