The church of Solignano Vecchio is on a hill to the right of the Torrente Nizzola (stream), east of the present town centre (Solignano Nuovo). Its construction dates to the 15th century. The building has a single nave.
The church of Solignano Nuovo was started in 1869 and was blessed for the first time in 1876. The bell tower is 50 metres tall and is the 3rd highest bell tower of the province, exceeded only by the Ghirlandina of Modena and by the bell tower of the Sagra di Carpi.