Church of the Beata Vergine del Carmine

Church of the Beata Vergine del Carmine

The church of the Beata Vergine del Carmine was built between 1641 and 1647 around a Majesty placed in memory of a miracle by the Beata Virgo of Carmelo half way on the pilgrimage route. In former times, there was a portico opposite the main entrance which was knocked down in the first half of the 20th Century to widen the road that leads to Vignola.

The church houses three antependia in scagliola, paintings from the 16th and 18th Centuries and a stoup from 1578. There are also the mortal remains of some members of the Rangoni family, who were particularly devout worshippers of this church. In former times, there was a portico opposite the main entrance which was knocked down in the first half of the 20th Century to widen the road that leads to Vignola.

A place of pilgrimage and burial place of members of the Rangoni family